Summer is a special time for smoothies. It’s one of the few times of year when fruit seems to be in endless supply. You can go an entire month without using the same fruit as a primary ingredient twice. That said, here are four smoothies that satiate that draw of the tropical season.
Tropical Superfood Smoothie
- ¼ avocado
- 6-8 ounces coconut milk
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 generous handful of spinach
- 1 generous handful other greens, such as kale or dark lettuce
1 scoop Gulf Stream Vanilla Bean LEAN SENSE whey protein shake
Blend all ingredients together and enjoy. Add ice or banana for thickness, if needed.
Chocolate Berry Mid-day Milkshake
- 2 cups almond or coconut milk. Almond milk will be a better flavor and texture match for this milkshake, but go with your preference.
- 1 cup frozen berries
1 cup cocoa beach chocolate LEAN SENSE protein powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder. For a more decadent, thicker shake, add a second tbsp of cocoa powder
Combine ingredients and enjoy. For a smoother texture and more complete blend, add powdered ingredients slowly. Add ice as needed.
- 1 cup unsweetened frozen berries. Raspberries are especially delicious with this recipe if you want one berry or can’t find a berry mix that you like.
- ¾ cup orange juice. Go with pulp-free for the best texture. Don’t forget to dilute juice if you choose to buy concentrate.
- ½ cup fruit-flavored low-fat or Greek yogurt. Peach or raspberry are great choices.
1 scoop Gulf Stream Vanilla Bean LEAN SENSE protein shake
Blend all ingredients together and enjoy. Add ice to create a different texture, or freeze the orange juice prior to blending.
Fruity Banana Split Smoothie
- 2 bananas
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups fat free milk, coconut milk, or almond milk
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 tbsp honey. Use agave if you are cutting back on sugar
- 2 cups of ice
- A few maraschino cherries for garnish
1 scoop cocoa beach chocolate LEAN SENSE protein powder
Combine everything together and enjoy.